Thursday, April 02, 2009


I did some funny things when I was very pregnant like deciding to reupholster two overstuffed chairs. I stripped off the fabric and tried really hard to get the motivation to sew the pieces together. Well, Preston came and I looked back and thought, why oh why did I take apart this chair? I had NO desire to finish the project.. surprise surprise! I heard about this place that does reupholstering and it was a fantastic deal so I went for it and here is the finished product. I am now waiting for my other chair to be done. It is like a brand new chair. They added more padding and I am in love with it. Why not go for something loud and green while Josh is going through school? A friend of ours did the work and his business is located in Orem. Check out the website Red Fox Furnishings.

20 comments:

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

yay! you did it! i remember talking to you about this chair. so where is this place and how fantastic of a deal was it? i painted and distressed my rocking chair and i reupholstered the ottoman but can't figure out how to do the actual chair...let me know toots!

catie p.

Sarah Preston said...

I love it!

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

ps the chair looks lovely!

catie p.

Cassie Mickelsen said...

That is beautiful! I love the green. I have been wanting to reupholster a couple of things but ya know what? I think your idea sounds a lot better. Maybe I will have to give that a try instead of waiting until I get around to it.

● C E L I N A ● said...

i love it, where did you take it?

Shelley M said...

Man I wished I lived near you, I have three chairs that need to be done, do you think you'll get pregnant again and want to come to Vancouver and do my chairs?

Nicole Stucki said...

That is such a cute chair! LOVE the color. I need some color in my home. And spring.....what spring. I'm currently looking out my window at 3" of new snow. Yuck!

Jenn said...

Hey Sarah! I just found your blog! By the way I did the same thing when I was pregnant...weird eh? Chair looks awesome...

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

That is so cute! Love the fabric!

Jill said...

Hey Sarah I found you!!! OH HOW I love your CHAIR! I am also looking for someone to do a chair for me! Too bad I don't live in Orem! Also you LITTLE BOY IS SOOO HANDSOME!!!!!!

Rachelle Jesse Jaramillo said...

I love the fabric, that is such a cute chair. What a great way to update furniture.

Shannon said...

i absolutely love it!! I want it. So dang cute

The McClellan Family said...

So I totally just bought a sofa and chair off of craigslist, with the intent of re-upholstering and yeah, I think I may have to find someone that does it!! I love it! It turned out great!

Cunning said...

I love it!!! And- I want to get it done now, you have inspired me.

Also- when are we going to do lunch again, and Celebrity Apprentice? I have tonights Tivo'd can't wait to watch it!!!

Ylfe said...

I love the color! And I love seeing pictures of Preston - he's such a cutie!

Camille said...

Oh my goodness I love this chair. I love it so much!! PERFECT fabric. I'm so jealous! Can it come live at my house?

Caffeinated Weka said...

Wow, I'd never be brave enough to tackle something as ambitious as upholstery. Good on you!

Nic & Kandis said...

love, love, LOVE your chair!

Holly said...

Cute chair! Love the fabric!

Holly said...

Cute chair! Love the fabric!

Josh, Sarah, and Preston Teare

Josh, Sarah, and Preston Teare