Monday, November 03, 2008



Oh another Halloween has come and gone. I wish I loved halloween, but it is such a creative holiday and I am lacking creativity lately. I am amazed how people make their own costumes... my hat goes off to you. We were invited to a dinner and Josh wanted to go all out and dress up, but I was running on little sleep from my dear sweet babe who likes to wake up every three hours.... (if anyone has any tips how to get my babe to sleep all through the night I am open ears!!!) I was so tired I mistakenly thought that the butter was actually cheese and took a big bite out of a butter cube. Anyway Josh found this great goldfish costume (which I hope Preston will continue loving me even though I put him in this outfit) which tied us all together as a family :) It was a nice low key Halloween with beautiful weather!!
Oh the top picture is of Josh and Preston going to church. Aren't they just adorable together? Oh and I have to put in that Josh is so amazing because he woke up with Preston last night and fed him so I could get a solid 5 hours of sleep. Hurray!!

13 comments:

● C E L I N A ● said...

Oh my gosh! YOU GUYS ARE SOOOO CUTE! I am sad that you had to work that night. At least you got dressed up and took Preston out for a while.


On facebook the section "People you may know"

I NEVER KNOW ANY of them. It bothers me, I wish I could hide it.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

mmmm.... butter.

Cassie Mickelsen said...

I love all of this posting that you have been doing lately! It is so fun to see How your little guy is growing. You have such a cute little family. And his halloween costume is adorable (and so is your's). I feel your pain with the middle of the night feedings. Paisley woke up every two hours for quite a while. Then she stretched out to every three. She is seven months and she still wakes up quite a bit. Let me know if you get any good tips that help.

Shannon said...

You guys looks so cute. Where did Josh find that fish costume because that is one awesome costume! I love it. I am sorry about the sleep deprivation, I'm not sure what good advise to give for sleeping babies. They are all different. Does he still sleep in your room with you? My mom when they were old enough would feed use rice cereal right before bedtime and she said that made us full enough to sleep through the night. My whole thing with my kids was that I would put them down early. Between 6-8pm and they would maybe wake up once to eat and then would be out for the rest of the night. Supposedly more sleep promotes sleepy babies who want to sleep more. If that make sense. I have a great book I will try and find it, it gave me great advise and I had great sleeper ever since. OH and Cody made the shoe cake, he is the cake master at our home.

Ali said...

VERY cute little dressed up family :) Oh, but the butter story makes me want to gag- what a trick when you think you are eating cheese!! I am sorry :/ Oh, and not that I've tried it (obviously) but I've heard from tried and tested mothers that the book "Baby Wise" is a lifesaver when it comes to getting your babies to sleep through the night. You may have already heard of it- some Moms hate it, some LOVE it. I don't know which I'll be yet...

Julie said...

The costumes are great. You are a very cute family.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

hey sarah! i tagged you! list 6 things people may or may not know about you...only if you want to though.

catie p.

Tasha said...

Hey Sarah! Cute pictures. Preston is growing so fast. I wish you lived closer so we could get our little babes together. Hope to see you soon!!

snow family said...

What a cute family picture! I like the theme! Preston is so cute. I'm feeling ya on the lack of sleep. Please share any hints that you get! Leighton wakes up about every three hours... I'm just starting to give her cereal.. so we'll see if it helps.

Holly said...

Is he really a fish? How stinkin cute!!!! I think you make a great cat Sarah!! Hey Sarah what a yucky surprise to eat butter instead of cheese! You are so funny to take a bite out of a cheese block anyway! I'm going to mail you some string cheese on dry ice overnight! That way it stays sanitary (single servings) and you will know for sure it is not butter!!LOL Love you Sarah!

Lacey said...

That is so cute! I love that Josh is willing to dress up. How fun! Preston is getting so big, I can't believe it!

CassParelli said...

Great family costumes! Awesome idea and very creative! You all look amazing! It is fun to dress up!! Sorry about the butter trauma! I used to get in the fridge and take a bite out of the cube myself. It was a long time ago and my mom was not thrilled at my strange appetite. Disgusting!!

Andrea said...

Sarah -
I tracked down your blog via mututal friends and I'm so excited to catch up on your life! Just the other day I found a video of our trip to Vegas back in Santa B days. It had me laughing SO hard.

YOU HAVE A BABY. He's soooo cute. ALSO, aren't women supposed to "let themselves go" post labor? U look as smoking hot as ever. I got married last year, and we're expecting our first baby boy in Jan. Anyway. We have a blog too. It's private, but email me your address if you want to!
acp389@gmail.com

Love,
andrea (ponder) roche

Josh, Sarah, and Preston Teare

Josh, Sarah, and Preston Teare