
This Thanksgiving I am going to play a duet with Melanie, and my mom is going to accompany us. I have not seriously played my violin in 7 years, which is so sad to admit, but I wanted to "show off" for Josh because he has never heard me play. I also thought this was going to be an excellent moment to interact with Preston and show that his mommy can do something musical. Also music can make a baby smarter right? So I waited until he woke up to play the violin. Right when I started playing he had the biggest frown. I comforted him and then started to play... Again he gave me the biggest frown. WHAT??? I thought I played well or I should say I sound appealing to some ears. Well, if you are in the audience come Thanksgiving at church please don't frown at me when playing the violin.
17 comments:
Ha ha ha!!! That is soo funny!! Poor little guy he just doesn't know how to express his joy for your musical talents.
I can't believe you haven't played for 7 years!! Your an amazing violinist, so it should come back easy right?! I was slacking on keeping up the piano and they called me to primary pianist. I wonder if they have a church calling for violinists?! Wish I could hear you play, I've always wanted to play the violin. I wish we were going back to Idaho for Thanksgiving, but I will be 4 weeks away from my due date, so it probably won't happen! Oh amy's quilt store is the one in Rigby called The Quilt Shoppe.
Sorry I was logged in on a different user! the paisley barn is the store!
That pout is amazing! So funny that he would have that reaction- I think you sound great! Violins are HARD to play, and to pick it up after so many years?!
I just ran across you blog today!! Your little guy is so cute!! I remember you were so talented at the violin, I am sure that it will come right back to you
I still can't get over how different Preston looks without hair!! I know how you feel about the whole talent thing...I haven't sat down and played the piano for ever!! Hopefully it is like riding a bike, and it all comes flooding back...:0)
HE LOVES IT SECRETLY!
I miss you guys!
I love that video! So cute. Hey I played the violin for 8 years. But I haven't picked it up for 14ish years. WEll last year I did try to play my friends daughters and it didn't sound too good. Guess I should practice. You are better than me! Good luck with it!
I am so glad that I found your blog! Preston is adorable!
OK.... try one more time!! rachael.snow@imail.org I think its "org" instead of "net". Sorry! I know it works though. Violin huh? Pretty fancy! I know how you feel! I haven't played the piano in who knows how long! Its sad.
okay, is that not the best when they show their bottom lip like that? that video was so cute!
and yes, i did get the emails you sent me, thank you so so so much for the recipe i can't wait to try it! and the pictures are fabulous! thanks again!
ha ha.. love this story! remember when I used to make you play the "beef song" for me? I loved hearing you play. Hopefully someday Preston will too!
That was the best video ever! I was laughing so hard how cute that little frown is! He just sees you giving attention more to the violin than him so he gets sad! He is adorable and I'm glad you got to make it up to Idaho. Fishing looked like fun. You will also be amazing playing your violin. I LOVE that about you! You are oh so talented Sarah!
That is so funny, love those pictures!
Oh so sad. He is so cute! I can't believe all that hair is gone. isn't that crazy how it all falls out.
That is soo funny but sad too! That little frown is so cute, but sad. I have been wanting to play the cello again. It has been a long time. Way to go on breaking it out again! Good luck with your performance!
Sarah how cute is he??? He is so sweet and adorable- I love seeing video of him!! I totally understand what you may be feeling like- My little 18 month old covers my mouth when I try to sing to her!!! She says NOOO! I didn't think I sounded bad-
I remember hearing you play the violin- you sounded great- Preston will learn to appreciate your talent!
Post a Comment