Wednesday, June 11, 2008


Preston James Teare

Tuesday, June 10, 2:45 am - 7 lb 10 oz @ 20 in

The labor and delivery was quick, however rough for Sarah.  Little Preston did and is doing so well.  Sarah was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia after delivery.  It usually happens before delivery and would effect the baby.  Fortunately, little Preston is perfectly fine.  I'll save the typing and have ya just hit the link to read up on it.  It was rather scary seeing her suffer so, and being so sick.  We are grateful for the many prayers and thoughts.  She is doing so much better now and lab values are normalizing.  We just need her kidneys to catch up with the progress.  Hopefully if things continue on its course, she can come home within the next couple days.  

Preston is SO adorable.  I sit and hold him for hours and just stare.  I don't even realize the time going by.  It is just so surreal to be at this point in life and to experience something so special.  I am indeed blessed and very excited to be a father.  I don't think I have ever seen a baby with so much hair!

19 comments:

Ali said...

He IS adorable. That is my favorite kind of newborn- the ones with LOADS of hair. So cute. How lucky are the two of you? Tell Sarah (great job!), I hope she feels better soon and I'm sorry she's been so sick. And CONGRATULATIONS to the both of you!

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

It finally arrived!
We're so happy for you guys. How beautiful is that baby?
Sarah is such a strong woman to have to go through that. Tell here we're proud of her.
We're so glad everything is going well now.
Congratulations

Jim Teare said...

Congratulations. what a cute baby. Must be a very proud father and wonderful mother. Truly a life learning experience. Just think, 19 years and he is off on a mission! Have fun being a daddy on Father's day.
Dad Teare

Ben and Andria said...

Hey, I was looking at Stefanie's blog and found you guys! I'm so excited for you guys. He is so cute, gotta love the hair. Well, I hope you keep in touch.

=) said...

He is SOOOOOO cute! And Man look at all that HAIR!

Congrats!

Cassie Mickelsen said...

Congratulations you guys! He is SOOOO cute! And of course I love all of the hair. What a cute little guy. Sarah I can't believe that you have preeclampsia! That is a rough thing to go through. I always feel so horrible for my patients that have that. Try to get lots of rest. It will help. Hang in there! Be sure to let us know when you are feeling better.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

this is catie...davey
left our first comment
but i wanted to say
something too...he is
perfectly adorable!
and i'm glad sweet little
sara is doing better
now. we'll be joining the
parent club next month
too! we love you guys.

love catie pilk

Anneli said...

I love the slide show of pictures Josh. Preston is so adorable, so boyish and sweet at the same time. And Sarah, you look beautiful, what a cute mommy! I feel too far away when these miracles occur, and especially worrying about Sarah. I'm so grateful she's doing better. You're in our prayers. We love you, all 3 of you, so much!
Your sis., Anneli

Josh and Sarah said...

Congrats! It must be exciting to be a Dad. Have a good first Father's Day.

Brent and Jessica said...

Contradulations!! I found your blog from the Fosson's, I hope you don't mind us looking! :) Your little guy is so adorable I am sure he will grow up so fast!!

Camille said...

HOORAY! I'm so glad he's here! Congratulations! I've been dying to see him, and he is even cuter than I imagined. Great work guys! And that hair? Oh he is adorable.

Sarah, I hope you get feeling better soon, preeclampsia- that is some rotten luck! At least you have a handsome little guy to make up for it.

More pictures, please!

Camille said...

And just FYI, he was born on a VERY good day. ;-)

Paige said...

Sooo cute you guys! And Josh, it was good to see you agaib!
I really hope you are feeling better soon. Enjoy your son... boys are best :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Nothing better than your first child.

John R. Teare, Jr.
Charleston, West Virginia

Ylfe said...

Preston is beautiful. We are so excited for you guys and so glad you are all safe, healthy, and doing well. Hooray, he's here! Can't wait to meet him! Loved those pictures!
Love all 3 of you!

Tasha said...

Contgrats on an adorable little guy! Like everyone else, I love the hair! Sarah I hope you get feeling better soon! Just rest and take all the help you can get. I can't wait to get our new babies together soon!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Congrats! He is adorable and I can't believe all that hair!!! Get to feeling better!

Julie said...

What a beautiful baby!! Sarah I hope you are feeling better. We send our love!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Yeah he is finally here!!! I can't believe it! He is BEAUTIFUL! I also can't believe Sarah had pre-eclampsia. You are a strong woman Sarah and quit freaking me out! I hope all is well and you are resting up. Congrats and I am so excited for the both of you!Sarah you look beautiful in the hospital! I am so proud of you!!! He is PERFECT!

Josh, Sarah, and Preston Teare

Josh, Sarah, and Preston Teare