Please, look hard at this sweater I am wearing....
My grandmother knit the bottom half. My mother knit the top half / yoke and sleeves.
There is also something very special about this sweater. You see, my mother use to raise angora rabbits for their fur. And yes, this sweater has angora in it from her rabbits. Plus it has other goodies in it including merino wool and alpaca.
I wear this sweater whenever I go outside. It is the warmest yet coolest sweater I have ever had. It actually adjusts to my body temperature. It is AMAZING! These women in my life have a knack, or gift, or talent, or they just astound me with what they are capable of finishing!
11 comments:
That is beautiful. What an amazing talent to have!
you are just so lovely.
and i am amazed/jealous
of your sweater...
almost makes me want to
raise rabbits and learn
how...knit or sew or whatever.
today was a blast...except
when bennett got tired and i
started yelling at him...i'm such a good mom :)
Oooh, I just love it! You are a lucky girl. A lucky girl who needs to show me to knit!
i didn't get your email and neither did dave...email me at
catiepilk@gmail.com
i've never gone on flicker before...do i need your username/password etc.?
I LOVE the sweater! Miss working with you too!!!
wow that is truly amazing talent!
I hope you have a girl someday so you can pass on such a treasure! Amazing story! (and beautiful sweater)...you are GORGEOUS.
Sara...I can't believe I've never come across your blog before! You are soooo darling and so is that little boy of yours! That is amazing that your mom and grandma made that sweater!!!! Crazy!! Looks like you had a fun get together with friends recently too. It is always so fun to get together and catch up!
Wow. You weren't kidding when you said your family loves to knit. I'm seriously impressed. Plus you look super cute in your sweater.
Great pictures lover. Sure is fun watching our little man grow up. Looking forward to going there again...
LOVE the sweater. What a great heirloom. =) So cute too. I can't believe how big Preston is getting, sorry we didn't get to see you when you were down visiting.
Post a Comment